Sunday, February 22, 2015

Vermont Bikerpackers now have their own VMBA Chapter!

2014 Route



Vermont Bikepackers is now a chapter of VMBA*!   We need board members.  We need logo ideas. We need a name for the Great Route.  We need route ideas that link VMBA Chapters together.  We need route explorers and route maintainers. We need someone to set a record riding end to end.  We need riders to join VMBA as Bikepackers!   

Vermont Bikepackers will work with VMBA to build a relationship with the GMNF; securing the route and getting permission for a group ride.  Vermont Bikepackers will maintain access and map the best places to bikepack in Vermont.

It's not all this flat! (WATA-bury, VT)


* You should be able to join Vermont Bikepackers online starting first week in March.  

15 comments:

  1. Great news!
    I can't wait to help out however I can, and give the route a try. Having VMBA involved ought to make some land access issues go a bit smoother. This is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can we get route details? I will help however I can. As Will said, it's great to have VMBA involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jason, Dave and I will be working on getting the tracks dialed in and I believe he will be posting them here. By chance are you the guy that went out for TD and had trouble with, I think, your knee? I live in essex junction too. Thought we could meet up this year for some riding.

      Delete
    2. Awesome! Thanks for all the time you guys have put into this! Yes, that's me. Started sick and then had knee issues so I flew home. That sounds like a good idea to me

      Delete
  3. Nice! I'm pretty sure I've seen that white pugs somewhere before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark, it's more of the camo variety now, right? Good seeing you today at the Derby. Good job "not racing"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to learn about bike packing, and help out anyway I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael,
      Welcome! Collectively we plan on creating a wealth of knowledge and we are hoping that this becomes a central place that you can come to tap that. Stay tuned as we add some really nice content. I'm hoping to have a couple of posts a week that will be at least entertaining if not informative.
      Wil

      Delete
  6. count me in, I am willing to help out wherever I can

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rick, sounds good. Hope to do a trip with you this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. Been trying to decide if I am going for the xVT or trying something new. We are going to try Idaho Hot Springs this year, so I def need some training rides ;-)

      Delete
    2. xVT is a wonderful thing, of course that would be my suggestion.

      Delete
  8. Where do we sign up?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Anonymous, you can join the bikepackers chapter of VMBA at https://vmba.org/membership

    Thanks, Wil

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is this route available yet?

    Thanks in advance

    John

    ReplyDelete